Policies & Terms
Last Updated: March 14, 2018
If our business undergoes a fundamental change such as a sale or merger, we may disclose your personal information to the other parties in the transaction so that we may continue to provide products and services to you.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
COLLECTING YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW WE USE IT
There may be times when we ask you to provide certain information about yourself. We collect different types of information depending on how you use our websites or interact with us, such as:
- First and Last Name
- Address (billing and shipping)
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Date of Birth
- Personal Interests
We may also maintain a record of your product purchases.
Some or all this information, and in some cases, additional information is collected when you:
- Interact with us and our websites
- Make a purchase or order a product from one of our websites, at which time we also ask for your credit card information to process your order
- Email us, so that we can respond to you
- Create a profile with us, so that you can earn rewards and view past orders
- Request a catalog, so that we can mail it to you
- Register for and/or participate in any event, contest, sweepstakes, survey, or other promotion that we may offer from time to time (collectively, “Promotions”), so that we may contact you if you win a prize
- Access Root & Vessel pages on third-party social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. (“Social Media Pages”)
- Subscribe to our email list to receive news and special offers from us, so that we may communicate with you about products or promotions we think may be of interest to you
- Browse our websites, so that we can collect non-personal information, which by itself, cannot be used to identify or contact you. This includes:
- Demographic information; such as age, gender, income, education, zip code, etc.
- Technical information; such as internet protocol (IP) address, device type, operating system, mouse movements, location of clicks, the type of browser you are using, the address of referring websites, the path you take through our websites, and other information about your session on our websites. We may also collect cross-device information, which can collect data from your devices and activities from different visits.
- Information you provide us while using our websites, such as the terms you enter in the search function of our websites.
This information allows us to have a better understanding of our visitors and what they do at each step of their interaction with our website. This helps us evaluate consumer trends and usage related to our websites, in turn allowing us to make improvements to our website content and product offerings.
To serve you better, we may combine information you give us online with publicly available information and information we receive from or cross-reference with others. We use that combined information to enhance and personalize the shopping experience of you and others with us, to communicate with you about our products and events that may be of interest to you, and for other promotional purposes.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive direct marketing from us, or if you would like to opt out of our exchange of your information with other marketers, please contact us to let us know. Please be sure to include your full name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and specifically what information you do not want to receive.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery, or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, such as marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no. If you would like to withdraw your consent to such communications, you may do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at: Novelty Manufacturing Co. 1330 Loop Road, Lancaster, Pennsylvania 17601 United States.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
From time to time we may team with an agency, individual, or other website to conduct special promotions. We only establish a business relationship with other persons or entities that we believe trustworthy. In such cases, each of the participating third parties may collect or receive personal information from you if you provide information directly to them. We might also exchange, share and/or cross-reference information, including contact information about you that will enable such persons or entities to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you. We recommend that you review their privacy policies to understand how they handle your personal information.
We may contract with companies or persons to provide certain services including credit card processing, shipping, data management, promotional services, website hosting, etc. We call them our Service Providers. We give our Service Providers the information needed for them to perform these services. Any credit card or bank account information you provide our websites will not be stored on our servers and is instead passed directly to the third-party provider.
Certain providers may be in a different jurisdiction than you or us. If you choose to use our websites, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdictions in which our third-party providers or their facilities are located.
THIRD-PARTY LINKS AND SOCIAL NETWORK POSTING
POSTING TO ROOTANDVESSEL.COM
Any information that you choose to post to our websites, including product reviews and blog comments, can be seen, collected, and used by anyone who visits our websites. We are not responsible for unauthorized third-party uses of such information.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable precautions to protect the security of information that you share with us. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet or electronic storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure; and we cannot guarantee that information you provide us won’t be intercepted during transmission over the Internet. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our websites, and you do so at your own risk.
We urge you to keep your password in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to log off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place such as a library or Internet café.
COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGY
A “cookie” is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored in your computer, device, or browser to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. It holds information a website may need to interact with you and personalize your experience. Cookies remain stored until you choose to delete them.
Third parties that have content embedded on our website may set cookies on your browser or obtain information. Our third-party providers may also collect personal information as described in the section above.
CHILDREN'S PRIVACY INFORMATION
Our websites are general audience sites. Root & Vessel takes special care to protect the safety and privacy of children. It is our policy not to knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13. We do not allow anyone under the age of 13 to register with us. We also do not send email correspondence to anyone who tells us that they are under the age of 13.
Children under the age of 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any contact information to anyone online. We urge parents and/or guardians to participate in their children's online activities and use parental control or other web filtering technology to supervise children's access to the web.
If you are a parent/guardian and you suspect that your child may have submitted personal information to us, please contact us. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will remove such information from our records as soon as possible.
CA MINOR CONTENT REMOVAL REQUEST
If you are under the age of 18 and reside in California, you have the right to request removal of content posted by you on our websites. Upon receipt of a written removal request, we will use reasonable efforts to remove content posted by you from our websites. This request does not ensure complete removal of your posted content since your post may continue to appear on our websites if others have reposted it.
If you are a user under the age of 18 and reside in California, and you wish for your published content to be removed from our website, you must send us a written removal request in order for the request to be processed. Both email and standard mail are acceptable forms of written communication.
Please include the following information in a written notice:
- Confirmation that you are currently a legal resident of the state of California by providing your residential address;
- Confirmation that you are under the age of 18 by providing your date of birth;
- The URL with the description of the exact content that you are seeking to have removed;
- Your first and last name;
- Your email addresses.
By mail: Novelty Manufacturing Co. 1330 Loop Rd., Lancaster, Pennsylvania 17601 United States
By email: email@example.com (please use “CA Minor Content Removal” as the subject line)
CORRECTIONS TO YOUR INFORMATION
If you would like to update or correct any of your contact information with us, please contact us.
Please note that any requests to remove or update your contact information may take up to ten days for your email request and 6-8 weeks to process your postal mail request. It is not technologically possible to change or delete each instance of the information we hold on you from our systems, and data may remain in non-erasable or aggregate form. We may retain data for a set period in our backup systems, or for longer periods as required by law, contract, or auditing requirements.
GENERAL USE OF OUR WEBSITES
We reserve the right to monitor all activity on our websites. Users agree to use our websites only for lawful purposes. Users may not use our websites to post, submit, or transmit any information including, but not limited to text, graphics/illustrations, photos, audio, video, or other material; or to engage in any activity that:
- Infringes on or violates patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, or intellectual property rights held by Novelty Manufacturing Co.;
- Violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability;
- Is fraudulent, false, misleading, or deceptive;
- Is defamatory, abusive, insulting, immoral, intimidating, obscene, pornographic, vulgar, or offensive;
- Promotes discrimination, racism, hatred, harassment, or harm against any individual or group;
- Is violent or threatening, or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any individual or group; or
- Promotes illegal or harmful activities including, but not limited to promoting or providing instructional information regarding the manufacturing or purchase of illegal weapons or illegal substances.
VIOLATION OF SECURITY
Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security measures on our websites with these hacking practices including, but not limited to:
- Misrepresenting your person or affiliation by, including but not limited to, using a username and/or password belonging to another user, accessing data not intended for you, or logging into any account that you are not authorized to access;
- Attempting to check in any manner, the vulnerability of the system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures;
- Attempting to interfere with service by overloading, "flooding," "mail bombing," or "crashing";
- Transmitting any viruses, worms, or any code of a destructive nature;
- Soliciting any unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, or spam through our websites;
- Falsifying or forging any part of the header information in any email communications;
- Hijacking, deleting, or changing any part of the website content; or
- Collecting or tracking the personal information of other users.
COPYRIGHT & TRADEMARK NOTICE
The content on our websites is protected by copyright and trademark. You agree to not remove, alter, or obscure any copyright or trademark belonging to Novelty Manufacturing Co. In addition, our trademarks shall be used only to identify our unique products and features, and not to describe or name other products offered by our competitors.
USER COMMENTS & SUBMISSIONS
We welcome your comments about our websites. However, any comments, feedback, notes, messages, ideas, photographs, videos, suggestions, or other communications (collectively "Comments") sent to our website or email shall be and remain the exclusive property of Novelty Manufacturing Co. Your submission of any such comments shall constitute an assignment to Novelty Manufacturing Co. of all worldwide rights, titles, and interests in all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in the Comments. Novelty Manufacturing Co. will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, publish, and distribute any material you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. For this reason, we ask that you not send us any comments that you do not wish to assign to us, including any confidential information or any original creative materials such as stories, photographs, videos, product ideas, computer code, or original artwork.
INACCURACIES & PRICING
From time to time there may be information on our websites or in printed materials that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, and availability. Novelty Manufacturing Co. reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions; and to change or update information at any time without prior notice, including after you have submitted your order.
The prices displayed on our websites, catalogs, and brochures are quoted in U.S. Dollars (USD) and are valid and effective only in the United States and U.S. Territories. Prices may change from time to time at our discretion, without notice.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Our websites may contain links to third-party services and resources, of which the content Novelty Manufacturing Co. does not control. Understand the site rules and privacy policies of linked sites may differ from ours and should be reviewed by you when you access any other site. Any concerns or complaints regarding any third-party products, resources, or services should be directed to the third-party.
The websites and all Content available on the websites are provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including without limitation warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a purpose. You acknowledge, by your use of the websites, that your use of the websites is at your sole risk, that you assume full responsibility for all costs associated with all necessary servicing or repairs of any equipment you use in connection with your use of the websites, and that Novelty Manufacturing Co. shall not be liable for any damages of any kind related to your use of the websites.
VIOLATION OF TERMS